Jennifer Lawrence‘s parents sceptical' about acting career



Jennifer Lawrence‘s parents were “skeptical” she could be an actress.
The Oscar-nominated beauty was not allowed to follow her dream of working in Hollywood until she was old enough to have an education as her mother Karen and father Gary wanted to make sure she had something to fall back on.
“Of course they were skeptical,” Jennifer said, “as anyone would be if their 14-year-old said, ‘I think I’m going to move to New York and be an actress.’
“They made sure that I got my education because they were basically preparing for me to fail. They were waiting for me to fail so that we could go home and get back to normal. And now I’m here. Now they think it’s great, they’re having a blast.”
The 20-year-old star currently stars in X-Men: First Class as shapeshifter Mystique, but she confesses she didn’t do any of the stunts in the film because the costume would not allow it.
“I did not do one stunt,” she said. “The X-suit that we wear, I couldn’t lift my arms above my shoulders. I couldn’t bend my knees and I was wearing platform shoes. I was there to save the world but I couldn’t bend my knees.”